Frequently asked questions about our Boudoir Sessions.
By now you've learned quite a bit about our Boudoir Portrait Sessions. But I'm sure you still have questions. Trust me we get A LOT of questions. That's what I'm here for lady! To help you guide you through the entire process. I want this to be an experience for you like no other you have ever had. So, here's my top 7 FAQ for Boudoir:
1. What about the clothing? We do have our Couture Closet which is available for clients to rent their wardrobe from. It features hundreds of pieces of lingerie in sizes XS-4X, red bottom shoes, lingerie, Angel Wings, and our super popular Goddess Gown. For more information on it, check out it out HERE. I also provide a lingerie guide for all client, to help you when you are choosing your pieces. We will also go over what to wear during your wardrobe consultation prior to your appointment.
2. Is this private? ABSOLUTELY! All Boudoir sessions happen in my studio in beautiful downtown Summerville, SC. I do NOT schedule any other appointments during your time there. If you choose to bring a friend for moral support, that is perfectly fine. I do ask that the partners/spouses stay at home during the session. I've even had friends schedule their sessions together. Typically this is with your best friend or sister. How we do this is one will be photographed while the other is having hair and makeup done. I also offer discounts for Bachelorette Parties. If either of these appeals to you, get with me for a custom quote.
3. Do you show our images anywhere? No, not without a signed model release. Most of the images you see me share online are of women who have modeled specifically for marketing material for myself, or they have chosen to share some of their favorite images from their personal session. You are not required to sign a model release. In fact, most of my Boudoir work is never shown publicly due to the private nature and the privacy of my clients. I work with people from all walks of life even teachers, law enforcement, doctors, and attorneys. You can see why Women (and Men) in those professions would not want their images to be publicly viewable.
4. Who does the Hair and Makeup? I work with some of THE BEST beauty professionals in the area. All of them have been trained to apply the makeup in a way that will flatter you specifically on camera. This is different than your "going out" makeup application. Whom I schedule for your appointment will vary, depending on if there is a specific style you want , and the availability of each stylist.
5. When do we get to see our photos? You will schedule your reveal appointment to take place about 2 weeks of your shoot. This appointments are typically done in person. However, for our traveling clients we do offer them via Zoom to eliminate the need for additional travel. If this is what you will need, please let us know during your initial phone consult.
6. So, what happens at the Reveal and Ordering Appointment? You will see all of the retouched images in a slideshow on the large television. We will discuss how you would like to preserve the images and how you want to present them, if they are a gift. Albums are the most popular item for Boudoir. However you may also choose to print one or two of your favorites for your master bedroom or bathroom. Do not worry. I will walk you through the entire process. I'll help you choose your favorites and which items would be the best way to preserve them.
7. And the finished product...? You will receive your finished images within 6-8 weeks of your ordering appointment. And you will give your significant other my name and address for the thank you gift. I like sweet white wines, and chocolate. lol